My first encounter with the brand Sothys was roughly a decade ago in a facial salon. I used to have very, very bad acne skin breakouts. Thankfully for the dedicated staff from the facial salon & religious use of products from Sothys, my skin drastically improved over a short period of time.
When my skin became less reactive, I started to venture into other skincare brands but always find myself going back to Sothys products just cos I know they work well for my skin. I’ve tried so many products from Sothys, so I hope my experience will be beneficial to anyone looking to start their skincare regime with the brand.
Sothys has been around for over 70 years. Originated from France, their products are researched heavily by universities and laboratories that continuously innovate new products and professional treatments. They are found exclusively in beauty salons or spas around the world.
Here’s a list of some of my favourite Sothys products & those I’ve tried for a considerably period of time..
I. Serums –
- (Hydra3Ha Hyaluronic Acid) Hydration Range – A staple in my skincare regime, the Intensive Hydrating Serum is highly effective that acts deep within the skin. With every new generation, the formula has improved efficacy. The current range contains BPM Hyaluronic Acid that acts to protect the epidermal stem cells for long lasting regeneration of the epidermis. It also contains Botanical Complex that improves cross talk between dermis and epidermis. This has won the Best Professional Product for Facial Serum from Beauty Insider this year!
- Youth Serums – A total of 6 high performance Youth Serums, inspired by Dermo-Aesthetic Techniques, were created to fight the aging of the skin. It is recommended to combine or alternate the Youth Serums as they are made to complement one another.
a. Unifying Youth Serum – Great for pores, dark spots and wrinkles. Gel-cream texture enhanced with soft focus and unifying powders (mattifying effect thar reduces colour imperfections, pores and visibly smooth wrinkles on surface).
*Contains a combination of 4 Resveratrol molecules obtained from vine roots to reduce appearance of dark spots
*Dermo-Aesthetics Inspired by Lasers/Led
b. Detoxifying Anti-Free Radical Youth Serum – Great for tired, dull skin. Texture enriched with anti-dull complexion pigments, quickly absorbed by the skin that protects against free radicals and increase cell renewal.
*Contains Green Tea EGCG Phytoactive prolonged release molecules for anti-free radical & anti-inflammatory aging action
*Dermo-Aesthetics Inspired by Lasers/Leds .
c. Firming – Specific Youth Serum – Great for extremely fatigue skin, for preserving skin’s tone. Stretch-effect Gel Texture that tones, firms and visibly lifts features.
*Contains Copper Peptides, a metabolic brick that expedites the natural collagen production & elastin synthesis.
*Dermo-Aesthetics Inspired by Radiofrequency.
d. Wrinkle – Specific Youth Serum – Great for expression lines & deep wrinkles, also for prevention of wrinkles from setting in. Melting texture enriched with soft focus powders for smoothening skin surface. This has won the Best Professional Product for Anti-Aging/Wrinkle Treatment from Beauty Insider 2018.
*Contains Marine-origin Exopolysaccharides that fills wrinkles from inside by boosting dermal HA synthesis by Fibroblasts.
*Dermo-Aesthetics Inspired by HA Injections
e. Reconstructive Youth Serum – Great for thin & fatigue skin. Gel-Oil texture intensely nourish the skin for plumpness & radiance.
*Contains Vitamins & Omegas 3,6,9.
*Dermo-Aesthetics Inspired by Mesotherapy.
f. Perfect Shape Youth Serum – Great for protecting facial contours and smoothing décolleté. Viscous texture that instantly shapes the face with the use of the Perfect Shape Application Technique found here (credits to Sothys Australia).
*Contains Peptides M3.0 that boosts collagen synthesis that lifts the face, revitalising texture and tones the skin.
*Dermo-Aesthetics Inspired by Lifting Threads / Ultrasounds.
I personally enjoy using the Unifying Youth Serums + Detoxifying Anti-Free Radical Youth Serums together in the morning because of their lightweight textures. At night, I use the Perfect Shape Youth Serum together with Reconstructive Youth Serum.
II. Essential Ampoules – Supercharged serums with high concentration of active ingredients used for a course of 7 days.
a. Anti-Aging Essential Ampoules – Protects skin against aging. Contains active ingredients such as HA, Argan Tree Polyphenols & Ellagic Acid.
b. Brightening Essential Ampoules – For a radiant, even complexion. Contains Siberian Ginseng, 6 Botanical (Blackberry Bush, Saxifrage, Skullcap, Grape, Sophora, Kiwi), & Glycolic Acid & Prickly Pear Extract.)
c. Hydrating Essential Ampoules – For optimal hydration. Contains Aloe Vera for softening the skin, HA for plumping up the skin & hydration & PCA Salts, an essential component of the NMF (Natural Moisturising Factor) that retains a healthy epidermis.
d. Oxygenating Essential Ampoules – For a radiant glow. Contains Hamamelis Extract for softening & Soy Extract with Vitamin B8 for optimising skin cell function.
Used after cleansing. Use half the ampoule in the morning and the rest at night. Pat skin till fully absorbed (Watery texture), continued with usual serum & moisturiser. I’ve tried them all and can’t recommend these enough! Especially great for preparation for a special occasion or for an instant boost of the skin’s condition. This has the quickest results compared to serums or creams as they contain far higher concentration of active ingredients. I suggest using this as a monthly boost or twice in a month if the budget allows. The significant improvement in the skin is totally worth it!
III. Creams – Segregated by skin’s concerns & textures.
- (Hydra3Ha Hyaluronic Acid) Hydration Range – I’ve used many generations of the hydrating cream and it has NEVER failed me. The new Hydra3Ha Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Cream hydrates the skin very well even in dry conditions. I use the cream version at night and Hydra3Ha Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Gel-Cream in the day when my skin feels balanced (otherwise I will use the cream version day & night). For those who are concerned with cream textures, you can go with the gel-cream version. It provides hydration to the skin just as well.
- Youth Cream – With Sothys Advanced Research, these youth creams fuse 2 botanical active ingredients (Saffron + Sophora) alongside new generation peptides that aids in resisting oxidative stress & aging. There are 5 variants in this range. I’ve not tried all from this range extensively yet so do check back for updates! Here’s more info of the creams.
a. Vitality Youth Cream : With Phytic acid, it decreases signs of tiredness, smoothes & even out the skin tone. Fixes the skin. This has won the Best Professional Product for Anti-Aging/Wrinkle Treatment from Beauty Insider 2018!
b. Wrinkle-Targeting Youth Cream : With Liposome Complex, eases fine lines & wrinkles while evening out skin tone. Extends the skin.
c. Firming Youth Cream : With Plantain Stem Cells, reduces skin slackening while smoothing wrinkles. Revives the skin.
d. Restructuring Youth Cream : With Root Extract, plumps up the skin while fighting signs of aging. Restores the skin.
e. Redensifying Youth Cream : With Uronic Acid + Bambara Pea Extract, it revitalised the skin that helps restore a radiant complexion. Regenerates the skin.
- nO2ctuelle Detox Resurfacing Overnight Cream – Contains active ingredients such as Stabilised Vitamin C that aids in reducing signs of aging, Detoxifying Complex Shea Polyphenols & Yeast Extract that boosts the body’s detox systems, and Extract of Nasturtiunm Rich in A-Glucans that invigorate cells through optimal use of oxygen. Used primary at night, the skin appears smoother and brighter in the morning. I absolutely love this cream! The skin feels well hydrated & revitalised in the morning. My husband says I look glowy in the morning too!
SOTHYS products can be purchased exclusively from their Sothys Premium Salons..
- 23 Lorong Telok #01-01, Singapore 049035
- 100AM, 100 Tras Street, #04-13 Tanjong Pagar, Singapore 079027
Note: All samples were sent for review. Despite so, it does not affect my views or the content written here. Essential Ampoules & Hydrating Range are repurchased items.